In 2009, San Simeon underwent a complete renovation of two residential wings and some shared spaces such as the lobby and reception area, the dining room, and therapy bathrooms. In addition, on the bottom floor of the facility, the Adult Day Health Care Center was created. The Care Center is open and airy with beautiful southern exposure in the main room, a separate intimate space for creating crafts or reading a book, quiet rooms for rest, showers, and exam rooms for medical needs. Outdoors there is a lovely gated, park-like setting for Registrants to sit and read a book or just relax.
Mission: Who We Are
San Simeon is a not-for-profit organization providing community based short and long term rehabilitation, skilled nursing services and adult day health care. We provide compassionate care meeting the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of those entrusted to us, and recognize and support the important role of family and friends as active members of the care team.
Vision: What We Aspire To
San Simeon strives to be a provider of choice and center of excellence in our community. We seek to achieve this goal by partnering with area health care providers, responding rapidly to changes in health care practice and using innovative technology to maximize the individual’s quality of life and quality of care.
Values: How We Behave
San Simeon has a set of core values that guides its operation and its relations with residents, families, staff and the community. These include:
- Maintaining the highest standards of clinical care
- Recognizing and responding to the needs of the individuals entrusted to our care and supporting their relationships with family and friends
- Being transparent and accountable in our relations with residents, families, staff, regulators and the community
- Adhering to the highest level of ethical standards
- Promoting staff growth and competence through continuous learning
- Focusing on continuous quality improvement to achieve best practices
- Managing fiscal resources prudently
- Assuring integrity in governance
Established in 1979, San Simeon by the Sound Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation is a 120 bed not-for-profit health care facility operated as an outreach to the community, offering short-term rehabilitation, long term care and adult day care services.
Daniel Ross | President
Susan Flatley | Vice President
Helen Levine | Treasurer
Rev. Garret Johnson
© San Simeon By The Sound. All Rights Reserved.